Go beyond the usual tourist bus experience on this tour that takes you out of Mexico City to see Teotihuacan pyramids and more.
Meeting point: Franz Mayer Museum Entrance
The Hidden Side of This Amazing City!
Seven-hundred-year-old Mexico City is transforming itself into a vibrant, hip destination for artists, restaurants and businesses but it never forgets its past. Spend a day immersed in Mexican culture, markets and cuisine with exclusive, behind-the-scenes access to our favorite designer workshops, concept stores and food joints.
- Marvel at the many treasures of Latin America as you browse the stalls at Medellín market and chat to stallholders about their lives, their products and their love for Mexico City
- Wander around Colonia Roma, one of the hippest neighborhoods in the city, and try some of the best churros you’ve ever had in your life
- Discover the work of Mexican artists and artisans as we visit galleries and stores in the city’s most artsy neighborhoods
- Taste a delicious variety of local food, including Mexican vegan dishes, oysters, mezcal and wine.
- Visit a hidden gem that’s missed by most tourists, and discover a magical lost world of Latin American decorative arts
Urban Day Trips Exclusives:
- Behind-the-Scenes Access: Go behind the scenes at designer Carla Fernández’s workshop and laboratory, watch her team create clothes for her collections and learn about the significant social impact of her designs
- Hands-on Element: Shake up your own original mezcal and avocado cocktail at a famed mezcalería that’s forever pushing culinary boundaries with its Mexican products
- Local Interaction: Enjoy lunch with the volunteers available at Huerto Roma Verde Community Garden and be inspired by its transformation from a seedy neighborhood hangout to a multi-functional community space that’s become a symbol for environmental and social hope in the city.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Franz Mayer Museum
- Metrobus fare
- Vegan ceviche or a sandwich paired with fresh fruit water at Huerto Verde
- Ice cream at Helados Palmeiro
- Coffee and/or hot chocolate and a churro at Churreria el Moro
- Avocado and mezcal cocktail
- Sample of Mexican oysters and Mexican wine
- Additional food and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
- Tip / gratuities for the guide